You already know that a good book can spark a child’s imagination and creativity like nothing else can, but did you know that it can also be a teaching tool for important life lessons that impact a child’s character?
Think back to some of your favorite books as a child and you probably have a lasting impression about how they made you feel. According to an article in The Huffington Post, the very best children’s books can shape aspirations, goals, and teach that inner sense of right and wrong in a child. But how do you find the ideal book with just the right message you want to teach? The answer is simple; you make your own children’s book tailored to the lessons you want to convey.
You can create your own children’s book that will teach life lessons.
How do you start? Well at the beginning, of course!
You can gather materials from a craft store and begin piecing together your own book, but if you really want to teach some important life lessons from a book that doesn’t appear to be a scrapbook, than publishing your own through a site like Bookemon is quick, affordable, and easy to do. You simply create a free account, upload your story from PDF or Word Files and customize the pages and layout with the easy to use tools and templates. You can even upload and edit photos or illustrations to your book.
So, now that you know how to create and customize a professional looking book that will teach life lessons, you need to decide what your story will be. What important life lessons will you weave into the story on the pages of this book that will leave a lasting impression on a child?
Here are 5 life lessons to inspire your custom children’s book:
- Help Others: Teaching the importance of helping those in need, or someone who is smaller or less powerful, is a vital lesson for children. It is often easier to look the other way rather than extend ourselves and offer help or intervene on behalf of another. Whether it is not tolerating someone to be bullied at school, offering companionship to an elderly neighbor, or helping the poor, a story that shows children the importance and impact of helping others will be remembered into adulthood.
- Don’t Let Anyone Steal Your Dreams: Children want to fit in with their peers so much that it is often easier to change who they are and what they really want to do than it is to step out of the crowd and be themselves. An important life lesson to teach is to be true to who you are and what inspires you. Never allow limitations, sometimes set by those around us, to squelch your abilities.
- Be Honest and Worthy of Trust: One of the most important life lessons is the impact of honesty and trust in our lives. Children can learn from the mistakes a character in a book makes when they choose to make up stories or avoid the truth. A book can teach how being untruthful can impact friendships, relationships with family, and trust.
- Why Gratitude is for Everyone: Envy is a powerful foe. It is so easy, even as an adult to forget all that you have while you are seeing, and wanting, for something more. While it is nice to have goals and dreams of things you want, a child can be guided to stop, remember, and feel gratitude for all that they already have in their lives. It is an important life lesson to realize there is always something to be grateful for.
- Bad Days Happen to All of Us: Life can be filled with days that disappoint us, challenge us, or just plain make us angry. Frustration at not making that goal during the game, or spilling milk all over the book report you worked hours on, or your baby brother destroying your Lego creation can all seem like the world is out to get you, and only you. It is important for a child to know that we all have times of great frustration and it is how you channel that energy and persevere that matters.
Publishing your own custom book can be easy, fun, and affordable.
The creative process for your custom book will be your very own. You can create a professional looking book that not only teaches important life lessons, but will be treasured forever. Get started and see how easy it is to create your own custom book.